Due to travel restrictions relating to Covid-19 regulations, we are unfortunately not able to take any new Day Trip bookings for April or May at present.
This stems from tight limitations on passenger numbers allowed to travel on the Northlink sailings from Scrabster to Stromness whilst social distancing measures are in place. The situation will be reviewed and updated regularly.
Thank you for your patience at this difficult time.
Day Trips to Orkney
Day Trips to Orkney from Scrabster on the Scottish Mainland are available Mondays to Fridays.
What is a Day Trip?
A Day Trip is a same-day visit to Orkney, which includes an early morning ferry sailing from Scrabster to Stromness, a guided tour from our Daily Tours programme, admission to all sites on the tour and a late afternoon return ferry sailing. Day Trips also include our Complimentary Ferry Booking Service.
Orkney Day Trip Itinerary
Check in by 08:15 and board the ferry for the 08:45 early morning sailing departing Scrabster for Stromness, Orkney. During the 90 minute crossing, enjoy fantastic views of Britain’s most famous sea stack, the Old Man of Hoy, and St. John’s Head, one of Britain’s highest vertical sea cliffs.
Upon arrival, receive a warm island welcome from your accredited professional Orkney driver-guide who will be waiting to whisk you away for your Treasures of Orkney tour.
Treasures of Orkney takes you to some of Orkney’s most beloved monuments of the South Isles and leads you through the Heart of Neolithic Orkney’s World Heritage sites.
- Natural harbour of Scapa Flow – photo stop
- Churchill Barrier No. 1 at Kirk Sound – photo stop
- Inspiring Italian Chapel – guided tour
- Ceremonial Ring of Brodgar – guided tour
- Imposing Standing Stones of Stenness – guided tour
- 5,000 year-old village of Skara Brae – guided tour
- Cliffs of Yesnaby – photo stop
- Lunch stop where you may purchase a selection of locally prepared Orkney food
Following your day of discovery, return to Stromness in the late afternoon and check into the ferry once again for the return sailing to Scrabster departing at 16.45.
01 April to 13 June – £122.00
14 June to 31 August – £125.00
01 September to 30 September – £122.00
Orkney Day Trip Price Includes:
- Ferry sailings (Scrabster – Stromness – Scrabster) and Complimentary Ferry Booking Service
- Transport in executive touring vehicle with panoramic windows
- Accredited professional Orkney driver-guide who provides on-board commentary and guides you through the sites
- Site admissions