- We can provide you with detailed accessibility report to assist you in determining which tour is appropriate for you.
- Please contact us for further information.
You are welcome to bring your luggage with you, which we can store in the boot of our vehicle.
- You certainly can. Our Daily Tours Programme is compatible with the ferry timetable between Scrabster and Stromness on Mondays, Tuesdays (except JUL - AUG), Wednesdays and Fridays.
- During autumn and winter (1 Oct - 31 Mar), the day trip is also available on Thursdays.
- Click here for further information.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to welcome pets on tour.
- Exceptions will be made for disability assistance dogs.
- Space is limited and we strongly recommend that you book as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Payment is required to secure a booking.
- We provide tours for groups of all sizes.
- If you have assembled your group of travelers, we would be happy to make all arrangements for your stay in Orkney and/or Shetland, from a simple day tour to a fully inclusive holiday.
- We require a minimum of 2 guests to operate a tour.
- If you are a single traveler and we do not have anyone else booked on the day of your choice, we can still provide a tour but a single supplement of £61.00 will be required to guarantee that the tour will operate.
- The single supplement is refundable if other guests later book the same tour.
- Alternatively, we can enter your name on a waiting list and contact you if anyone books the tour you have selected. Please note that this does not guarantee your tour or constitute a tour booking.
- Our tours operate year round
- We make a stop for lunch at a restaurant or café where guests may purchase a Taste of Orkney.
- Our Tours are carbon neutral.
- First, we minimise our carbon dioxide emissions by reducing, re-using and recycling whenever possible.
- Then, we offset the remaining CO2 footprint through contributions to projects in Africa which either prevent the release of, or absorb, an amount of CO2 equivalent to our carbon footprint.
- In addition, our Independent Holidays include an offset of £3.25 for travel within the UK. These funds are used to supply energy saving light bulbs to communities in East Africa as part of the Low Carbon Village Project managed by co2balance.com.
- To make a booking, simply click on the green Booking Request/Enquiry button at the bottom of the description of your preferred tour and your will be taken to the appropriate contact form. Complete the information requested and send.
- Alternatively, forward the following information to email@example.com :
- Name of Daily Tour
- Preferred tour date
- Your name
- Number of guests in your party
- Pickup location (Stromness or Kirkwall)
- Name of your Orkney accommodation or mobile number
- Special requirements (i.e. mobility concerns, etc)
- Once your payment has been received, your tour is guaranteed except under extenuating circumstances beyond our control.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted on our tours, including on board our vehicles and during the guided visit at each site.
- We do, however, make frequent comfort stops throughout the day which should provide opportunities to smoke.
- Simply put, it means that quality is assured and professional service is guaranteed. Our accredited professional Orkney tourist guides have successfully completed the Orkney Regional Affiliate training course accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association ("STGA") and have been awarded a Green Badge.
- STGA is the accrediting body for professional tourist guides in Scotland and sets the criteria for the extensive and rigorous tourist guide training programme which strictly adheres to British and European standards. All members of STGA are subject to high standards of performance and a professional code of conduct.
- Daily Tour price includes transport in an executive touring vehicle with panoramic windows, accredited professional Orkney Driver-Guide who provides onboard commentary and personally guides you through the sites (except Maeshowe where Historic Scotland steward conducts your guided tour), and VAT. Ferry sailings, site admissions and lunch are not included.
- Day Trip price includes ferry sailings (Scrabster - Stromness - Scrabster) and site admissions in addition to the above Daily Tour inclusions. Lunch is not included.
We recommend that you bring the following with you:
- Sensible shoes (no heels, please)
- Waterproof jacket & warm jumper
- Camera, extra batteries and/or film
- Bottle of water
- Sense of adventure!
- Site admissions are not included in Daily Tour price.
- Unless you are a Member of Historic Scotland or have purchased an Historic Scotland Pass, the following admissions will be payable while on tour:
16 - 59 years
5 - 15 years
- All daily tours are conducted with a maximum of 8 guests.
- Daily tours are conducted in either our new executive 6 or 8-seat vehicles with panoramic windows.
- For larger groups a 16-seat executive mini coach, 33-seat executive midi coach and full size executive coaches are available for private tours and group tours.
- We strongly recommend that you do not commit to any travel arrangements before receiving our confirmation that your booking has been completed.
- Tours depart from the Stromness ferry terminal (click here for map) and the Palace Road bus stop at the side entrance to St. Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall (click here for map).
- Tours depart the meeting point promptly at the times published and we strongly recommend that you arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- We regret that refunds will not be given for missed tours.
- This information is required by our booking office in the unlikely event that material changes are made to your tour and we need to contact you while you are travelling.
For other FAQ topics, please use the menu on the right.