Due to the narrow access tunnel for Maeshowe and small confined space within, the chambered tomb is closed at present to maintain social distancing regulations. This also applies to Unstan Tomb and both will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Any guests already booked on a Megalithic Masterpieces tour should be aware that an alternative archaeological site will be substituted wherever possible. At present no new bookings for this tour are being accepted until the situation is updated.
Thank you for your patience at this difficult time.
Duration: 7 hours
Journey through Orkney’s rich archaeological landscape, home of some of the Neolithic period’s greatest architectural wonders.
- Natural harbour of Scapa Flow – photo stop
- Neolithic Unstan Tomb – guided tour
- Mysteries of Maeshowe Tomb – guided tour
- Ceremonial Ring of Brodgar – guided tour
- Imposing Standing Stones of Stenness – guided tour
- 5,000 year-old village of Skara Brae – guided tour
- Lunch stop where you may purchase a selection of locally prepared Orkney food
To keep our guests safe and to allow us to provide the best experience possible for all, we now have new Covid-19 safety measures in place on our tours. Due to this, tour capacity and some itineraries have been adjusted appropriately. Please contact us for full information and pricing for your chosen tour/s.
Wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Accredited professional Orkney tourist guide
- Transport in executive touring vehicle with panoramic windows
- Complimentary map