Local Knowledge Makes the Difference
Our accredited professional driver-guides & step-on guides offer:
- The highest standard in tourist guiding
- An informed and entertaining commentary while on tour
- Guiding services in your language (German, Italian, French, Spanish and Nordic languages available)
- Special interest and expertise on a number of topics, including archaeology, history, flora & fauna, geology, storytelling & folklore, spirituality, heritage & culture, crafts, farming & agriculture, golf, genealogy, renewables & the environment, and maritime themes
- A warm island welcome and an Orkney experience to remember
Our accredited professional tourist guides are also available to:
- Design tour programmes
- Act as tour director
- Provide welcome services, including meet & greet and hospitality desks
- Lecture on various subjects
- Liaise with press & media
- Plan and lead conference or festival tours
- Host familiarisation trips
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Quality Assured & Professional Service Guaranteed
What does accredited professional Orkney tourist guide mean?
Simply put, it means that quality is assured and professional service is guaranteed. Our accredited professional Orkney tourist guides have successfully completed the Orkney Regional Affiliate training course accredited by the Scottish Tourist Guides Association (“STGA”) and have been awarded a Green Badge.
STGA is the accrediting body for professional tourist guides in Scotland and sets the criteria for the extensive and rigorous tourist guide training programme which strictly adheres to British and European standards. All members of STGA are subject to high standards of performance and a professional code of conduct.